Monday, 26 April 2010

Gareth and Jasmine - A Cornish Wedding

The time has finally come that I can share with you my very first ever wedding! And boy am I excited!

I have known Gareth and Jasmine for a little while and I am eternally grateful that they trusted me to take their photos. With such an awesome bride and groom, I was as nervous as anything as I wanted to be sure I did real justice to their wedding day!

With the rain beating down on Cornwall the weeks before, it was looking likely to be a rainy one. But as the day dawned, the sun came out and kept the rain away the entire day!
The day started off on Fistral Beach with Gareth and a couple friends going for a mornign surf. It certainly wasnt the best conditions, but there was no way this groom was missing out on a surf on his wedding day!

I then joined Jasmine and her Maid of Honour as they got ready for church. Jasmine was so serene and relaxed, with only a few moments of nerves as time drew on. And what a beautiful bride...

The whole wedding was a really personal affair, with the service taking place at St Agnes Church and an afternoon and evening reception at the New Harbour Restaurant in Newquay. A beautifully located spot that sits right along the sea when the tide is in. We even managed to grab a few minutes to take some pictures of the newly married couple at the disused Wheal Coates Tin Mine between the church and the reception, so I was truly in my element!
Thank you, Gareth and Jasmine for giving me this opportunity. I hope you are enjoying your photos!
Debs x

9 comments:

  1. Wow, these are gorgeous. Congrats on your first wedding! Especially love the "figure in the landscape" shots and the relaxed ones of the guests. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blown away totally! I love it Debs. You watch the enquiries now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! you should be very proud of all your hard work x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fab, Debs. I used to live in St Agnes and these are very evocative images! Stunning work, I can't believe it's your first wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For anyone interested I must say that Deb's is not only an extreamly talented photographer, she would make an excellent wedding planner too! When we talked about the possible shots, she thought of so many logistical wedding aspects and ettiquettes that hadn't even crossed my mind, and in turn made the day run even more smoothly. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Love Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful, Debs! Well worth the wait, and now I want to see more :)
    Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. well done !! they are stunning...x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are fantastic. I love the figures in the landscape shots.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't believe this was your first wedding - what absolutely amazing photos, I love them! x x

    ReplyDelete

Travel Dates and Availability

Travel Dates and Availability