Monday, 2 May 2011

Emma, Luffy and Bertie: A {Beloved} shoot

Wow, where to start with this lovely blog post. Today has been amazing. In fact the whole weekend has been amazing! Scrap that. The whole week! With a beautiful wedding on Saturday and a Beloved shoot with a gorgeous couple today in some of my favourite spots along the Cornish coast, and then attending an inspiring, life changing workshop in the week its been one of change and discovery and prettyness.

And today I fell a little (OK maybe a lot) in love with Bertie.

This is Bertie.

Last week I attended a workshop in London that was called 'Life as an Artform' with the amazing Jesh de Rox.  Jesh is the creator of a new genre of photography called Beloved and I absolutely love it. Beloved is about expression, connection, communication and almost entering a state of childlike play allowing couples to re-connect in today's crazy world and share genuine emotion and feeling through the portrait session.  Amongst other things, its is about giving couples the space to express themselves, have fun and fall a little more in love. I am really excited about incorporating Beloved within my work and cannot wait for the year ahead to have chances such as I had today to connect with those I will be privileged to meet and share time with.

Today I met up with Emma and Luffy who traveled down to Cornwall from their home is Devon to spend a couple hours with me. I had been chatting to Emma lots on emails and her sunny personality and sense of humour had made me laugh out loud so many times when I read her mails that I could not wait to meet them both in person! To top it all off they also brought along Bertie... their 13 week old Labrador puppy. It has to be said that three major things were re-confirmed for me today.

One is that photographing a small puppy, so full of life and energy, is never easy but it is even harder when that little puppy is all black! Your camera literally screams at you trying to find something to focus on.
The second most important realisation that I had today was that I am absolutely, definitely, without a shadow of a doubt getting a Labrador puppy as soon as I possibly can!

Emma and Luffy are getting married next year and planning a gorgeous summertime wedding in Devon. its going to be an amazing day and filled with special touches... as well as lots of colour, Which leads me on the the third realisation. Today Emma and Luffy showed me that life should be filled with lots and lots of colour. Thank you both so much for bringing such sunshine with you today, you sure brightened up my day!



To finish this post with one of fav's from the day...

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos. Having a chocolate lab, I know exactly how you felt trying to find a focus spot, but you succeeded brilliantly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous shoot, and (don't tell Cujo and Jake) but I think I am a little in love with Bertie :)
    Emma is going to make the most beautiful bride next year. Can't wait to see their wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely shots :D love the colour and the natural-ness if this shoot :D x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful shoot, Debs. They look so in love. Not actually an easy thing to capture on camera. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beloved on the beach? It doesn't get much better than that! Lovely photos, as always Ms Ivelja. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this so very much WOW....

    ReplyDelete
  7. So so stunning Debs! Really love your processing here too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous. I can't wait to see all the beauty you will capture in the future. So so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, so gorgeous. Love this shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stupidly gorgeous! Absolutely stunning - every single photo. Big love. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Difficult not to love these photos! The couple look so happy and you've not missed any of it...My favourite out of all the stuff you've done...

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a beautiful set of portraits debs - love the processing :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think this is one of my favourite engagement shoots. Such beautiful images and they look so in love.
    I am sure these will be cherished.

    ReplyDelete

Travel Dates and Availability

Travel Dates and Availability