Thursday, 12 May 2011

A little Holga loving

In February this year I went on a weekend break to Paris for a friends hen weekend away. We stayed just near the Moulin Rouge at a great hotel (highly recommend it!) and managed to get tickets to see the show which was fab. During the days we walked, explored, spoke sporadic French, ate lots of food, chatted and discovered as many parts of Paris that we could in only a weekend. On our last day we discovered an incredible antiques market which we wandered and browsed and I fell in love with an old Coca Cola print... which to this day I regret not buying. An excuse to go back I guess!

As I always do when I go on a trip, I took my Holga with me and because of the grim, drizzly, grey weather we were given for the weekend I decided to go for atmospheric shots and shot only B&W film. All of these were taken with Ilford HP5 (ISO 400). I still have another roll to develop... I cant wait to see what is on that set!

6 comments:

  1. Lovely. Love that first shot especially. If it were up to me, Paris would only exist in black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black and white was a great choice.
    Love the first shot and the double exposure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving the double exposure...i'm very jealous i long to go to Paris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these. Amazing. Need to get my Holga shots developed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We stayed in that hotel when my hubby took me to Paris for my 30th Birthday! What a small world :-) Love the B&W photos - I agree there is something about Paris that suits Black & White x

    ReplyDelete

Travel Dates and Availability

Travel Dates and Availability