Tuesday, 10 January 2012

A Very Vintage Wedding Fair... in Australia!!

A huge big Happy New Year to you all! I have a heap of blog posts I want to get posted, one of which being a round up of 2011... but as ever, days slip by and before you know it another week has passed and I am still saying the same thing! Next week I will blog! Well I promise, next week I will :)

But there is an incredible reason for all this delay. That being some very exciting planning going on over here in Australia. Yes, Australia... I am here at the moment (home to the UK in May again for the season).
I am so excited to tell you all this but myself and my friend Bec from Weddingesque have  finally been able to pull together Australia's first ever vintage wedding fair!

That's right lovely people, A Very Vintage Wedding Fair will take place in Brisbane on the 24 & 25 March 2012 at the Bleeding Heart Gallery in the centre of town. We are beyond ecstatic about this and we would love for you to help us spread the word.


You see, vintage wedding fairs are pretty popular throughout the UK. They are all over the place and they are amazing. If you are looking for something a little different for your day, they are where the cool kids go. From the Designer Vintage Fair in Brum to The Vintage Wedding Fair's all around the country and many more, they are amazing.

Australia however has none!

Oh there are expos. But they are created for the masses and not for everyone. There have been only a couple of amazing boutique fairs here and there but with Australia so big, this makes it hard for those who don't live in Melbourne or Sydney.

So we are bringing Australia its first ever vintage wedding fair! And more than anything we hope to see this be the start of something beautiful!  Vintage is a way of life. Its a look and an essence that carries through to every part of a person and if vintage is you, then you want a wedding that reflects that.
As a bride who looked to have her wedding here and also as a supplier with brides who are designing their day, I know for a fact that likeminded couples are crying out for local, Australian suppliers to help them create their ideal wedding.

Bec and I have done months of research, met amazing people, made new friends and connections and we now have a raft of incredible people joining us for the fair. Exhibitors that we know are exactly what couples have been searching for.


Heres something exciting... we will be showcasing Queensland's largest range of authentic vintage dress! If that is not a draw I don't know what is. Vintage dresses are like gold dust in Australia... gold dust I tell you!

So from era-chic blooms and vintage dresses to retro styling and beautiful photography.... the fair is going to have it covered.

We would love for you to help us spread the news, even if you are in the UK or somewhere else, please feel free to grab our button and help us let our lost Aussie brides know that the solution is on its way!

Our website is www.averyvintageweddingfair.com and tickets are on pre sale now!

2 comments:

  1. That must be an exciting event. I would love to see some photos of the fair on your future post. :D

    Buy WoW Account

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Debs - what a fab idea! I couldn't be more excited, I am sure this is just the beginning for vintage chic down under :-) I have already added the button to CVB and I am working on a post. Keep me up to date on any developments - I would love to do lots of follow up posts on it before and after the event! x

    ReplyDelete

Travel Dates and Availability

Travel Dates and Availability